Wednesday, March 27, 2013

This weeks Recipe!

This weeks recipe is Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies! I use to have these when I was in elementary school and I adore them! Today, I saw a post on Facebook about these and I immediately went to the kitchen and made some! It was like 7:00AM haha. Anyways, I also read that it takes time to make these 100% perfect, and I do agree. I did make some choices to add/take away as I was cooking. I hope you all love this recipe as much as I do :)





Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies
Prep Time: 5 mins-Total Time: 6 mins- Yield: 24 cookies

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 4 tablespoons cocoa
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (you can use chunky, but it tends to make the cookies crumbly and dry)
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 3-3 1/2 cups dry quick-cooking oats
Directions
  1. Add the FIRST FOUR ingredients into a 4-quart sauce pan.
  2. Bring to a rolling boil and hold for 1 minute.
  3. Remove from heat.
  4. Add peanut butter in the hot mixture and stir until melted.
  5. Add in vanilla. (almond extract is good also, but I only use 1/2 teaspoon almond and 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla)
  6. Mix in the oats and drop by tablespoons onto wax paper.
  7. Let cool until set.
Notes: Photo by Google images. Base recipe by cooks.com



No comments:

Post a Comment